In this issue:
End of Year Giving
Since 1984, the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance has proved programs and services throughout Minnesota that serve to enhance the quality of live for all people living with brain injury. But, we can't do it without your financial support.
Through annual giving, you help us to:
• Distribute and fit bicycle helmets to those who need them. Each year, we distribute and fit more than 300 helmets at outreach events throughout Minnesota.
• Respond to requests to bring our educational services to outstate Minnesota.
• Continue our Stroke And Falls Education (SAFE) Program, which has already educated over 1,300 older adults about stroke and falls prevention.
• Support our Public Relations staff who spread the word to hospitals and rehab centers around Minnesota about the work the Alliance does to connect patients and their families to post-acute services, resources, and the answers they need to navigate life after brain injury.
• Host our annual Minnesota Conference for Professionals in Brain Injury.
• Provide a free annual Consumer and Family Conference where individuals with brain injury, family members and loved ones participate in workshops and sessions that focus on innovations in the world of brain injury care, therapy and rehabilitation.
By donating to the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance though a year-end charitable gift, you help support this work as well as our other ongoing programs. Please donate today and thank you for your continued support.
Return to top
Caregiver Advocacy and Resource Education
The Minnesota Stroke Association in collaboration with the State of Minnesota Department of Human Services Live Well at Home Grant will present education sessions about caregiving through the Caregiver Advocacy and Resource Education (CARE) Program. The program will also include 30 minutes of social time for caregivers to connect and benefit from the experience, skills, and wisdom of other caregivers.
Our 2019 dates are as follows:
January 15 - Make Wellness a Priority (Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance)
February 10 - Senior LinkAge Line (Senior Linkage Line Staff)
March 19 - Substitute Decision-making (Lutheran Social Services)
April 16 - Understanding and Responding to Dementia Related Behaviors (Alzheimer's Association of Minnesota)
May 21 - New to Medicare (Minnesota Board on Aging)
June 18 - Stroke and Brain Damage (Minnesota Stroke Association)
Click here for more information on the Caregiver Advocacy and Resource Education series or call our Education and Community Outreach Department at 763-553-0088.
Return to top
Brain Injury Educational Classes
The Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance offers a variety of educational classes - including our monthly Brain Injury Basics class - for families, individuals and professionals in the Twin Cities. Our educators can also train your staff on-site at your facility with our Traveling Workshops.
Brain Injury Basics:
Introduction to Brain Injury: December 20
Adjustment to Brain Injury: January 24
Caregiving: February 28
Registration is required for all classes. Brain Injury Basics takes place in the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance offices in Roseville from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Cost is $25 for professionals; a $5 donation is appreciated from consumers.
Click here for more information on our Education opportunities or call our Education and Community Outreach Department at 612-378-2742 or 800-669-6442.
Return to top
Classified Ad Opportunities
We are pleased to provide an online opportunity for organizations to broadcast their message about job openings, services and more through affordable, convenient advertising. This bi-weekly electronic publication is sent to more than 8,000 professionals, paraprofessionals and persons with brain injury and their families.
The cost to run a classified ad of up to 250 words is $20 for one edition or $30 for two editions. Ads must be submitted in electronic form to receive this rate. Ads submitted in hard copy will be charged an additional $15 administrative fee. To learn more about this affordable, convenient advertising opportunity, please e-mail Phil at email@example.com or call 612-378-2742 or 800-669-6442. Advertising is posted at the end of the publication under the heading "Classified Ads."