2277 Highway 36 West, Suite 200 Roseville, MN 55113-3830
Toll Free: 1-800-669-6442
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Walk for Thought
Whether you are a Team Captain or a Team Member, you help support individuals across the state whose lives have been impacted by brain injury.
More than 4,000 Minnesotans are hospitalized with a traumatic brain injury each year. Major causes of brain injury include motor vehicle collisions, falls, assaults and shaken baby syndrome, as well as acquired brain injuries due to strokes, near-drowning, heart failure, and aneurysms. Brain injuries have lasting, life-changing consequences and often require ongoing rehabilitation.
The Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance is here to help people navigate life after brain injury. For those who live and work with disabilities resulting from brain injury, the Alliance acts as a critical resource center. Whether assisting with finding a new place to live, connecting them with medical services, or providing training to the professionals who support them, the Alliance provides an array of support services.
Originally started by a handful of motivated volunteers, the Walk for Thought has grown tremendously over the last few years. Since our first Walk for Thought in 2002, more than 16,500 Walkers have registered for the Walk for Thought and over $1,000,000 in donations and sponsorships have been raised.
Why Walk for Thought?
Brain injury can happen to anyone, anywhere anytime. The Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance is here to provide help, hope and a voice to the 100,000 Minnesotans living with a disability due to brain injury and their loved ones. Funds raised at the Walk for Thought help ensure that Minnesotan's affected by brain injury can connect to critical support services.
Take the Challenge
This year, honor those with brain injury by taking the $1,000 Team Challenge! If just 200 teams raise $1,000 each, the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance will raise $200,000, which will help provide support services, community outreach, education programs such as brain injury basics and youth sports concussion training, and citizen advocate programs and awareness activities.
Taking the challenge is easy:
- Recruit nine people to walk with you for a total of 10 team walkers
- Have each walker donate $25 for a total of $250
- Have each walker ask a family member for $25 for a total of $250
- Have each walker ask a friend for $25 for a total of $250
- Have each walker ask a coworker for $25 for a total of $250
Team total: $1,000!
Find out more!
Explore the links below for more information about the Walk for Thought.
Check out the following for more information about the Walk for Thought:
- Team Captain Information
- Contribute to the Walk for Thought
- About the Walk for Thought
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Walk for Thought and information about registration
- Fundraising Ideas - Take the Team Challenge!
- Walk for Thought Poster
- Walk for Thought Registration Brochure
- Walk for Thought Registration Form
- Walk for Thought Team Registration Form
- Walk for Thought Donation Form
- Directions to Duluth Walk for Thought
- Directions to Rochester Walk for Thought
- Directions to Saint Cloud Walk for Thought
- Directions to Twin Cities Walk for Thought
- Team Captain Packet for Duluth
- Team Captain Packet for Rochester
- Team Captain Packet for Saint Cloud
- Team Captain Packet for Twin Cities