34 13th Avenue NE, Suite B001 Minneapolis, MN 55413
Toll Free: 1-800-669-6442
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Minnesota Brain Injury Association offers access to a wide variety of information through its online article library and video library. If you would like more information than what's available below, please call us at 800-669-6442.
To use our online article library, choose an article from the following list. All articles are pdf documents and will open in a new window.
- Medical Aspects
About Brain Injury: A Guide to Brain Anatomy
- Describes parts and functions of the brain
Anoxia (for the consumer)
- Explains anoxia (interrupted supply of oxygen to the brain)
Anoxia (for the medical professional)
- More technical article addressing anoxia/hypoxia
Chemical use after brain injury
- Individuals who used chemicals in the past are likely to return to using following a brain injury
- Coma Information - While you were waiting
- Suggestions for families whose loved one are experiencing coma
- Sensory for the comatose patient
Concussion in Children: Signs and Symptoms of a Brain Injury
- Important symptoms to watch for
- Describes possible causes of being dizzy
- A brief screening device for TBI
- Medical explanation for balance difficulties
Long-Term Post-TBI Health Problems (TBI Consumer Report #1)
- Research project results
Mild Brain Injury
- Concussion, post-concussive syndrome
Post Traumatic Headache
- Most common physical complaint post injury
Who Gets Brain Tumors and Why?
- Fact sheet about brain tumors