34 13th Avenue NE, Suite B001 Minneapolis, MN 55413
Toll Free: 1-800-669-6442
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Internships and Community Service Learning
Join us for a semester of experiential learning. We offer professional experiences, guidance and feedback for students looking to develop their professional skills.
Under the guidance of the Development Manager, the Development Intern performs a variety of marketing, fundraising, event planning, research and administrative duties to support the financial development of the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance. Priority projects for spring 2013 will be the Annual Conference for Professionals in Brain Injury. This internship can be arranged for credit.
Projects will include various aspects of planning the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance Annual conference including:
- Contact potential sponsors/attendees.
- Coordinate with conference exhibitors and education department and organize conference day needs.
- Attend at least one day of the conference on April 11 & 12. Assist exhibitors, staff and attendees.
- Assist with the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance's annual campaign.
- Assist with the Minnesota Stroke Association's Strides for Stroke (early May).
- Assist with the Minnesota Stroke Association's Strike out Stroke (in May).
- Research foundation funding opportunities and assist in grant applications or research
- Assist with follow-up communications for publications, advertisers and vendors
- Assist with creation of marketing materials.
- Other activities as directed.
Junior or Senior pursuing a degree in Business, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Financial Development, Nonprofit Management or related field. Reliable, outgoing individual with outstanding computer and organization skills. Ability to work with others, manage multiple priorities and follow a project through to completion. Sales, marketing, customer service or event experience helpful.
140 hours total (approximately 12-15 hours per week), primarily weekday hours but some early evening hours are also available. We ask the intern to attend at least one day of the Annual Conference for Professionals in Brain Injury on April 11 & 12, as well as Strides for Stroke and Strike Out Stroke (in May).
Gain professional fundraising, donor cultivation and event organizing experience. Become familiar with working in a nonprofit setting. The Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance is committed to providing a friendly, supportive, professional experience for its interns.
If interested, send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.